• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Park Stuck or Not Updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFlagler

Reaction score
+------------------------------------------------+
| System Setup |
3CX v10 with SP1

CPU: 3.0GHz reserved Limit: unlimited
Memory: 1.5GB reserved Limit: unlimited
Network: Dedicated Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Phones: 20 x Cisco SPA 504G
Gateways: 2 x Patton 4114
Analog Adapter: 1 x HT502
Analog Adapter: 1 x HT286

2 x Cisco SF300-24P

1 Call queue
5 Ring Groups
4 Digital Receptionists

I assigned one of the four buttons on our phone as a park with the following provisioning modifications.

<Extension_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">Disabled</Extension_4_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">private</Share_Call_Appearance_4_>
<!--# Sets the capabilities of the related softkey to sd (Speed Dial), blf (Busy Lamp Field), cp (Callpickup). SP1 is the "extension" for Shared Parking slot 1. -->
<Extended_Function_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=SP1@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%;nme=Park</Extended_Function_4_>
<!--# Set the name for the softkey to "Park". -->
<Short_Name_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">Park</Short_Name_4_>

The purpose of this is if a user is working in one area of the building and needs to answer a call on another users phone, the user can answer the call and then with one button, put it in park and answer it back at their desk.

This doesn't happen all the time, but there have been many instances where the users place a call in park by pressing the necessary button on their phone. The lamp changes from green to red, but then when they (anyone) attempts to take the caller out of the park by pressing the button again, all they receive is the hold music and the button remains red when they hang up.

I have contacted the phone company and they have setup call supervision on all of our lines. This is evident when staying on the phone after the far side hangs up you hear a click and get a new dial tone at which point the gateway releases the port. Our gateways are set for busy tone or loop break. When this stuck park event occurs, I have also looked at the gateways to see if a line is still active, but all are free.

I have tried replicating this numerous times and never had it happen to me which leads me to believe it's user error, but I can't for the life of me come up with what they would be doing to cause this.

The only way to get the park out of this particular state is to either right click on the parked call and click unpark via MyPhone at which time it will ring a single time at my desk and then stop (light will return to green), or I have to log into the management console and disconnect the offending call.

I would look at the 3CX logs if I knew which one to look at, but unfortunately I don't.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Same thing happening here. Very intermittent, but it happens. Trying to get it to happen again to I can upload a support log.

Any news on this? I have a v10 running on vmware esxi 4.1 with the exact same problem. We use SPA525's and it seems like when someone is placed on park and that caller hangs up the BLF line on the phone remains red, in use. If you select it you get hold music and when you hang up it clears. We are using a voip service rather than analog lines though.

I have not made any progress on this. I got tired of having to clear the calls via MyPhone and have completely removed the Park option from everyone's phone. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I can't be here all the time to babysit the function, so I guess we will do without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.