Parking - BLF & Dial codes to access the same parking spots

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by solutionsit, Jan 20, 2016.

1. solutionsit

Right now if you setup a BLF for a parking spot you can access that parking spot from another phone programmed with a blf.
    You cannot access that call with the dial code.

Example
    Call comes in
    Call Answered
    Call Parked using BLF in SP1
    Run to another phone and dial *11

This will not retrieve the call
    If parked using *01 then *11 will retrieve it. However It only makes sense that these spots are the same weather you use a blf or a dial code.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The * codes are the original way 3cx did it. It was kept for those who were used to using them.
    The SPx are the newer way. There is a "sort of" workaround - you can assign an extension and forward all calls to external number "SPx". The problem is you can send more than 1 call to the same extension and then 2 callers get connected together. Or how about "2 competitors talking to each other."

Without the BLF, there is an inherent danger in sending more than 1 person to the same * parking lot, isn't there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. solutionsit

I just tested it and you can send more than one person to the same parking spot using dialing codes.
    If there is 2 people in the parking spot. They are not connected to each other but pulled out of the spot in order they were put there.

Here is the issue. When using phones without blf buttons they can't answer the parking spots. So wireless sets, Yealink t21's t23's.

I am sure it can be programmed to have the spots share the same destination and if someone using dial codes sends it to a spot that is in use already it should fail, and they can try again.

Or have one dial code to send to parking spots in general and it puts it in a number and reads back the number to them.

4. solutionsit

I found a work around for this for now. But surely it could be a integrated feature.

Create a extension
    Set the extension to away
    Forward away status to external number SP1 (Parking Spot1)

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We use that method mostly for cordless phones - but that is the scenario where 2 people can get connected together.
    I have "Allow more than 1 call to this number" flag unchecked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...