• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Parking call transferred to mobile number

Status
Not open for further replies.

PalestineCold

Reaction score
I am currently using the free version of 3cx to evaluate if it meets my companies needs before I buy 3cx. Call parking is not enabled in the free version. My question is, if I am out of the office and a call was transferred to my mobile phone, would I the be able to park the call I received and page my receptionist and have her continue the call? Ideally, I would like to be able to transfer a call just as I do when I am in the office, but I understand 3cx doesn't support this. Thank you for your assistance.

For your testing you could also activate the demo license. However, it has the reduced number of calls.

To be clear, you are not referring to running the 3CX phone application on your iphone or android. You are talking about an incoming call that gets transferred or forwarded to your cell number. In this case, there is nothing you can do to get the call back to any extension inside the 3CX phone system (even by using myphone). You have to tell the person to hang up and call back in.

This is a feature hole that I hope they resolve in the future. I'd like to be able to:
1. Receive a call forwarded to my cell
2. Answer it
3. Walk back to my office
4. Do something on myphone to put the call on hold and then pick it up on my desk phone

Anything else would require 3cx to listen to the call for some sort of key press and would be much trickier.

It has been my experience that the 3cxphone for iPhone applications continually disconnects from our system. This may be do to how the iPhone manages memory and closes/hibernates background applications.

When a call is transferred to a mobile phone, I can see in the 3cx management console that there is a call coming in on one of my lines and the call is going out on another to my cell phone. The call parking feature, as I understand it, uses *0 dialed on the phone in order to park a call. So even though the call is still be routed to my mobile phone through the 3cx system, I can't park it using the default *0?

Thank you for the bit about the demo code. I'm going to have to get try that out. It sounds like we are looking for the same feature in 3cx. Hopefully the developers add that functionality soon.

What you would like to do is not really within the realm of 3CX to be able to do. Once the call has been sent on to the mobile carrier, they pretty much control what can and cannot be done. Once the call is transferred to the carrier, they have accepted the call and 3CX is pretty much nothing more than a conduit by which the call is able to be continued. The signaling signals are no longer at a level that concerns 3CX for the most part.

Youd be able to accomplish this is by using 3cx phone for android, or iphone. Though as PalestineCold stated it can continously disconnect from the system, when connected you can put calls on hold, park, transfer, page etc.... However when simply transferring to the cell phone number I do not believe youd be able to do so. How are you connecting to iPhone app as SIP account or using tunnel?

How are you connecting to iPhone app as SIP account or using tunnel?

I am using the tunnel to connect to 3cx when outside our local network. This is really only good for placing calls, since you have to connect to the tunnel every 10 minutes or so.

In regards to 3cx not listening for command signals when transferred to a mobile number outside the system, if my receptionist were to start a conference call between myself and the client which included her, could she then split the call after I am done talking to the client and continue the conversation?

Try connecting using SIP account.

SIP account seems to work much better than using the tunnel when out of office. Thank you for the suggestion. I originally misunderstood what the sip account was for

Connecting using SIP account seems to work better you can also use with other PBX's as well which is why it says SIP account,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.