Parking Orbits 50 Limit Increase

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DFP, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DFP

DFP

Is the parking orbits 50 slot limit hard coded or can it be worked around. We are again looking at replacing our phone system. We currently use 48 park keys in our current system. Let me explain why.

We now have 16 branch each branch gets 3 park keys. We do not want other branches picking another branches parked call. If we add another branch we will be over 3CX limit ie 51 parking orbits keys. Is there a work around to increase the parking orbit feature to greater then 50?

#1 DFP, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @DFP

Please note that currently there is no way to increase the number of shared parking past 50 as that is the limit.
    You can however create a feature request in our ideas section of the forum where it can be upvoted and evaluated by the appropriate department.

3. DFP

DFP

Yep I did four years ago. Does 3CX allow a customer to pay for custom programming?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am afraid we do not offer that service.

5. Carl B

@DFP

Maybe a bridge would help in your scenario? I would imagine you would get 50 SP's per instance, although you would most likely have pains with prefix codes etc.

6. DFP

DFP

Carl B,

I might look into a bridge. We run two different companies, but we currently have 1 unified phone system which is EOL 9/1/19.

I am guessing a bridge would have to start with another prefix correct ? IE a number plus their extension number?

7. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@DFP

Correct. You can either use the same extension numbering in both instances with a prefix to dial across the bridge or you can use non overlapping extension ranges.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. DFP

DFP

so I could do a range and then do routing between the two 3cx instances?

IE 6000 to 6500 and then do the reversal on the other instance ie 1000-5000? I would prefer to have their extension match and keep four digit dialing.

Bridging kind of sounds like tie lines between pbxs?

Can inbound sip calls be routed to this other instance as well using bridging

Thank Again for answer my question @cobaltit ?

9. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi, Just to let you know we are increasing the number of Parking Orbits in the next service pack....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. DFP

DFP

Nick,

Thank for the update. What will the new limit be?

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Good question - 250. It will require a new install as we have to reserve the ports during the installation so they cannot be used by something else.

13. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Hey Nick... nice to see this being added. Will restoring a backup count as a new install for this purpose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.