Parking, Shared Parking, and Grandstream Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JRayfield, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRayfield

I'm a bit confused on how to use Call Parking with a Grandstream phone.

Specifically I have a GXP2010. I've programmed 4 of the buttons for SP0, SP1, SP3, and SP4.

I can park a call by pressing "Transfer * 0 0". That works fine.

I can pick the call back up by coming 'off hook', and then pressing "Transfer * 1 0 Send". That works fine.

I can pick the call back up by coming off hook, and then pressing "Transfer * 1 0" and then waiting for the 'dial timer' to expire (set to 3 seconds).

What I can't figure out is how to use the SP0, SP1, etc. functions and the keys that are programmed for those.

If I press one of these keys, a line is taken 'off hook', and I hear music. But none of these seem to work to be able to either park a call or pick a call back up that has been parked.

How do I use these functions?

John Rayfield, Jr.

2. concs

I think the answer is to pretend you are transferring a call to an extension but instead of dialing the extension you dial the SP button. When you complete the transfer ( in my case press "Transfer " button again) the call is sat in the shared parking place and can be picked up from any phone.

3. instantexpert

Am I correct in believing that Shared Park and Park are not the same thing even though they perform the same function? If you park a call in SP0, you cannot retrieve it with the dial code. Similarly if you park a call with the dial code, you cannot retrieve it with the shared park.

Leon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JRayfield

Yes, I do understand that Parking a call with *00, *01, etc. is NOT the same as SP0, SP1, etc. Shared Parking allows the phone system to act more like an old key system, which is what I'm looking for it to do.

Ok. So, I have a GXP2010 programmed with 4 buttons for SP0, SP1, SP2, and SP3.

I place or receive a call.

I press the SP0 button, but nothing happens.

So I press Transfer and then the SP0 button.

The remote caller hears the 'on-hold' music, as if the call has been placed on hold. That's good.

But, on my GXP2010, I get a 'busy' tone, when I press the Transfer and the SP0 button.

If I press the Transfer button again, then I just get the call back to me.

I'm still either doing something wrong, or I have the GXP2010 programmed wrong. In the BLF key programming, I simply have "SP0" for one button, "SP1" for another button, etc.

John Rayfield, Jr.

5. instantexpert

Hmm, I haven't done extensive testing as we have mostly Polycom phones where this feature works fine. We do have a few Grandstream GXP-2000 phones and, as far as I know, they work as expected for the Shared Parks. Presss the button to park, press again to unpark. If I have a chance today, I'll test it out and let you know.

Leon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. JRayfield

It seems that the GXP2010 just doesn't work with the Shared Parking, unless there's a way to enter the "SPx" values into the phone in some other way (other than just putting "SP0", "SP1", etc.).

John Rayfield, Jr.

7. concs

I'm using 2110's but I imagine it's the same. The provisioning tab for each extension has a choice for each button "shared parking" (I'm not in front of it now but I think that's right). I put 1 shared park (to see if people use it) on all the phones.
    Pressing Transfer, that button, Transfer, parks it there and can be picked up from any other extension by pressing the same ( now red) button.

8. rayfield

rayfield New Member

I tried using provisioning on my GXP2010 phone, with it here on the LAN, on which the 3CX PBX is located. Provisioning doesn't appear to be working correctly. I see no change in the GXP2010 when I try to re-provision the phone.

I have the Config Server Path, in the GXP2010 setup, set to: 192.168.0.15:5481/provisioning

This is correct, isn't it?

John Rayfield, Jr.

9. instantexpert

On my GXP-2000s, I have it set to:

192.168.0.15:5000/provisioning

I think you are using the wrong port.

Leon

10. concs

port 5000 for 3CX v10
    5481 for earlier versions i think.

11. JRayfield

Got provisioning to work 'locally' (the GXP2010 on the LAN on which the 3CX PBX is located).

And I got the buttons to work with Shared Parking, thanks to some good info from 3CX technical support.

But, I sure don't like the way it works....EXTREMELY 'unintuitive' and difficult to do. I expected to be able to press 1, or at most 2, buttons to use Shared Parking with the GXP2010. But, no, it takes 4 presses (I think I'm remembering that correctly). It's plain awful.

Does anyone know if the new GXP2110 works the same as the old GXP2010, with Shared Parking buttons?

John Rayfield, Jr.

12. concs

Yes, it's the same, while on a call on line 1...
    1 - press line 2 (which puts line 1 on hold).
    2 - press the shared park button (hear on hold music).
    3 - press Transfer button.
    4 - press Line 1 button.

4 presses for me, GXP2110

13. JRayfield

Thanks. I was hoping that Grandstream had changed this, to make it easier to use. What a pain. Guess I'll look at a different phone.

The only other phone that I can find, that has even close to enough buttons on it for my application, is a snom 320, and it's a bit short on this (with 12 buttons).

Does anyone know how ths snom 320 works, with Shared Parking?

John Rayfield, Jr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.