Parking with iOS app

Discussion in 'iOS' started by OCWI, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCWI

OCWI New Member

The iOS app is great and really helps to set 3cx aside from some of its competition.

Im sure this has been discussed before but i cant seem to find it anywhere on the forum. Is there a way to make parking more user friendly on the iOS app? I understand you can bring up the keyboard and type "SP1" and it will work, but this seems to be too much for most users.

Any help would be great.

nitrox likes this.
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Thanks for liking it :)
    About your question, well, currently there's no such a feature. Somebody here suggested to add to the "Add Contact"'s keypad's button functionality a new one, to popup an "SPx" quick menu, but I cannot give you any ETA about its implementation, since is not decided yet if this will be the final approach.
    Thanks again!
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    OCWI likes this.
  3. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

On the second thought, some time ago we found here, on the forum, a (quite elegant) workaround:

- on the Management Console, allow one extension assigned to the iOS client to manage company phonebook;
    - then, on that iOS client, go to Contacts and create a Company Phonebook one named _Shared Parking 0, having as Phone SP0;
    - then another one for SP1 and so on.

In this way, all the clients will have the Shared Parkings "numbers" on top of the Contacts for quick access, due to the _ name prefix.

Of course, if Management Console's UI allows alphanumberic as phone number for a company phonebook contact, you cand do this operation there, without involving the iOS client.

Also, if you don't want to involve all clients (via Company Phonebook) then each iOS client's user can use instead Personal Phonebook.

Hope it helps
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    nitrox and OCWI like this.
  4. OCWI

OCWI New Member

Vali,

Very much appreciate the quick and helpful reply!

5. mukkacow

Hi all...

related to parked calls I have a question.

Example:
    I'm taliking with someone on "Line 1"; I put this line on Hold then I make a new call for example on "Line 2". It's is designed that way so when ending the call on "Line 2" or for example the divert fails that communication comes back to "Line 1" and the line is not more in Hold ?

This is annoying as for example when we try to forward the call to somebody but this fails we get back to Line 1 and caller hear he's not more in hold for some seconds...

Sorry for this bad explanation but my engilsh is not so good :D

nitrox likes this.
  6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If you have a call on hold on Line 1, an established call on Line 2 and this one ends, then the client switches back to Line 1 and resume it - this behavior is forced by the CallKit (CallKit is there all the time, it ensures integration with, let's say Facetime's calls even when 3CX client is in foreground).

nitrox likes this.
  7. mukkacow

Hi Vali,

so because of CallKit (eh eh) it's not possibile to keep "Line 1" on Hold when ending call on other lines. Okay. I get it.

Thanks you very much ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.