Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Parking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by depthless, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depthless

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice on how to handle parking.

1. I'm using Polycom IP 650 phones in an office with 12 phones. The receptionist has a sidecar as well.
    2. When a call is parked, it is parked for a specific person who may answer it from any phone in the office.
    3. There are multiple companies accessing the system so it is important that calls don't get mixed up.

a. I like the idea of Shared Park extensions, I could assign BLFs SP0 - SP5 on the receptionist's sidecar, but I can't waste BLF on the normal user phones. Is there a way that I could program a SoftKey for Park Pickup. So the user would just press that button then the number of the shared parking spot?

b. The other fault with shared parking would be that if a normal user wants to park a call they have no way of knowing which shared parking spots are in use. Is there a way they can press "Park" and the next available shared spot would be used and the recited back to the user?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.