Parse Exception prevents call pickup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mchristsen, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchristsen

I have a scenario that occurs maybe once a day. The PBX will not pick up a call incoming on our Linksys SPA3102. I get the following error in the Log on 3CX. I am not sure if it is localized to the particular caller, but does not happen to all calls. We are running the current version of 3CX and have the latest firmware on the linksys. I searched the forums and found only one other instance of this problem, and the advice was a configuration problem on the Linksys. Since this does not happen on all incoming calls, i don't believe this is the case. Could it be the "-" in "INGRAM-MICRO"?

Michael.

10:37:27.614 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    INGRAM-MICRO
    ^
    @ .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949
    10:37:11.614 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    INGRAM-MICRO
    ^
    10:37:03.614 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    INGRAM-MICRO
    ^
    10:36:59.614 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    INGRAM-MICRO
    ^
    10:36:57.614 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    INGRAM-MICRO
    ^
    10:36:57.099 Active calls counted toward license limit: [394]
    10:36:56.614 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    INGRAM-MICRO
    ^
    10:36:56.114 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    INGRAM-MICRO
    ^

2. mchristsen

We got the same call today from Ingram and this is what the CID came up as in the Linksys SPA3102

INGRAM-MICRO, , 7166333600

Any problem there?

Michael.

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

The reason of this situation is the malformed "From" header of SIP packet sent by device/provider to 3CX PBX.
    By the way it is NOT Caller ID it is Caller Name

You can search on the forum. This problem was already discussed few times...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. star1

We're having the same problem. The site is using a T1 and Patton SN4960. Certain Caller ID Name values throw an exception.

Is there a workaround or configuration change that has to be done? I assume the answer isn't to disable caller-name.

Thanks,
    Eric

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Wasn't this a problem with the dash in the caller name?

6. star1

Turns out our problem was resolved in a newer firmware from Patton. The 3cx install guide recommends a specific firmware version, but there have been 8 updates since then with many bug fixes. This specific issue on our SN4960 was resolved in the 2009-05-20 firmware.

7. saman

Do you know if this problem was fixed for SPA-3102 (I have firmware version 5.2.13 and 3CX V12 SP6). There is no easy way for me to test this and I don't want to turn-on CID and get a bunch of incoming calls dropped!

-Saman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.