Pass Customer Info to Support Rep

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by contoured, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. contoured

Hello,

I am very new to the Call Flow Designer so I am still getting my mind around even the basics. Bear with me.

I want to try and use this as a quick and dirty way of integrating 3CX with a CRM or Customer Service type web application. In my perfect world, we could either prompt the caller for a customer ID or simply use their Caller ID number to lookup their record in our database, the send that data to the customer service rep receiving the call. In my head I envision a URL they can click on being passed to the agent somehow or the customer input being passed so it can be captured by a script on their PC and then the script would launch a web URL with the customer's data. Does this make sense? Am I looking at the right place for this kind of thing?

Please let me know. Thanks!

2. gustavskii

Hello @contoured

Me and my company were looking into that as well
    Sadly there is no easy way to implement that.
    There are few:

1. Use "Launch external script" component and develop a separate C# script that is going to listen for the call in 3cx using its API and populate the info in a DB and then a WEB based UI that is going to read this information from DB
    2. Use DB connection component in the CFD to do the same as described above, but the challenges here is to find the call with WEB interface and give it to correct agent
    3. Develop a custom application that is going to do all the work using 3cx API

There are more ways, but every one of them include development of some sort, and having DataBase or other sort of container (we were thinking a separate file on the server) for each call

3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @contoured,

If you can lookup the contact record using the caller number (instead of asking for a customer ID using DTMF), then I would suggest you to create a CRM template using this tool:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/crm-integration/

But if you need to ask for the customer ID via DTMF, then you need to create a CFD app, ask for it using a User Input component, and then save that information along with the Call ID into a database for example. Then you transfer the call to a queue, and when the agent picks up the call, you need to have 3CXPhone for Windows in the agent PC and create a plugin for it. This plugin would get the Call ID, go to the database and get the customer ID associated to this Call ID, and then lookup the contact based on this customer ID. As you can see this second approach needs much more programming...

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.