Pass DID Number in VAD

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by leemul, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leemul

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a way to check what number has been dialled (from an external party) in the VAD, I made the assumption the details would be in the session variables, however it just shows the extension number of the Digital Receptionist as opposed to the number a client has called.

Now, in the SIP Provider settings, I can see various options to pass data, however I'm not sure if changing any of these options would pass the data onto the VAD.

Thanks

Lee

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Lee,

That's a known limitation of VAD apps, there is no way to see the dialed number.

If you have just a few DIDs, for example just 5 DIDs, then you can register the VAD app in 5 different extensions, and redirect inbound calls to each of these 5 DIDs to each of the 5 VAD app extensions. Then using the variable "session.dnis" you check the extension and you know from which DID the call arrived.

Hope the information helps.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leemul

Thanks edossantos,

It's a shame of limitation, as obviously It can pass through the CLI as a variable, I'll use this approach.

Many thanks

Lee

4. dclarkson

Hi when you said 'you can register the VAD app in 5 different extensions' how would this be done ? I have created VAD apps and pushed them to live systems and they show with a single IVR ext number , I also need to be able to work out where the calls have come from.

5. leemul

My solution was to create a custom component containing all the logic of my VAD, then for each inbound DID create a simple VAD that populates a variable then calls the custom component. The custom component then uses the variable as an identifier of the number that was called. It may not fit all scenarios but the alternative was to have lots of VAD's.

Hopefully there will be some advanced where we can find out what number was called, I did think of interrogating the call logs but it doesn't seem to appear until the call has finished.

Cheers

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In order to deploy the same callflow to different extensions, you need to set the ActivationExtension property to a range. For example, if you want to deploy the callflow to extensions 801 to 810, you can set that property to:
    801-810

When you deploy the project, the same app will be registered in those 10 extensions at once.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.