Passing Alert-info from Carrier to Phone to set ring tone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Hey guys,
    I haven't fully figured this one out yet if it is possible I am hoping it is.
    Ill explain the wanted end result and setup.
    So what we have is a Sangoma SBC between the SIP carrier and 3CX.
    3CX is very limited on what it can do out of the the box in regards to distinctive ring tones.
    The SBC allows me to manipulate the header on the SIP invite a million different ways, weather you want to do caller Number, called number, or any variation of incoming call you can think of.

What we have setup on the SBC is if the main computer number is called the SBC sends alert-info:main
    If a individual DID is called send alert-info:DD

Then on the yealink phones we have distinctive rings setup for those 2 alert-info headers so employees know if there direct dial is being called of the company main number.

If we do a wireshark capture on the 3CX system we indeed see the SBC sending the alert-info formatted correctly.
    But the 3CX system appears to be stripping the Alert-info off before passing it over to the phones to ring.

Any one every messed around with this? Can anyone think of a way to get the 3CX to pass along alert-info and not strip it. Would be a really cool way to get all kinds of more functionality out of 3CX if it would let the SBC modify it.

We are running 3CX version 12.5 no service packs out at the time of this post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Passing Alert-info from Carrier to Phone to set ring ton

My guess is no, at least at this point (but I may be wrong) since 3CX intercepts the initial call, and will pass on caller ID, but would normally provide it's own alert info to identify calls, as set-up within the PBX.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

http://www.3cx.com/forums/distinctive-ringtones-yealink-t46g-39474.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.