Passing Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tarheels, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarheels

I have a customer wanting to pass the originating caller ID form their phone to the app and mobile phone. I have changed the outbound parameters to show the originating caller ID, but I still get the caller ID from the phone. Has anyone else had this issue before.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Tarheels

How is the your costumer sending the call to the app and mobile number? Is the phone and the app on the same extension or is the app a different extension? Also is the mobile number set as the extensions mobile number and are you using the option "Ring my mobile simultaneously" or are you simply forwarding the call to the mobile number?

3. Tarheels

I tried it with the app which is the same extension and with the mobile I had the extension to ring my mobile.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If the app is the same extension as the IP phone then what you are seeing on the 2 devices in an incoming call should be identical.
    So during an incoming call if the caller ID is visible on the IP phone it should be visible on the 3CX app as the PBX will send the same info to both. Now if you are forwarding the call to a mobile number then you should first check if your provider supports Originator call ID to be sent (many do not support this) and if they do you should ask in which SIP field they require this info to be displayed.
    Are you using a supported provider?

5. Tarheels

The app will show the caller id on the first call, but the next call it doesn't. I am using a supported SIP provider.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

What Voip provider are you using? Does it always fail on the second call?

7. Tarheels

Bandwidth.com and yes it does fail on the second call

8. Toddalex2000

I would add to not confuse the scenarios. Transfer vs simultaneous sends different headers. A transfer will send the main trunk number and simul will send the middle number, which is your desk number. Also, the app is not likely a solution here when dealing with a CRM like salesforce. The CRM is looking for the original CLID to perform screen-pops and tracking. I'm still trying to find the right SIP field as we speak. So far nothing makes a difference with the transfer.

9. Tarheels

If I shut the app down and restart it the app receives caller id again, but only on the first call

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would check the 3CX Activity Log for differences between the first and second call. In theory, as long as the calls are identical in every other respect (origination, routing), then caller ID should be the same. I suspect that something else is going to be different between the two calls.

11. Tarheels

I was able to get the caller id to pass to the mobile phone by changing the remote party id-calling party display name and the remote party id-calling party user part. I did this in the outbound parameters of the sip trunk. It works every time to the mobile but only the first call going to the app.

Mark Tonino likes this.
  12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The App is ? Android, Windows, iOS? Is this happening on one device only, or across multiple devices? Can you duplicate on other devices?
    Are there other extensions that are the same number as the App? Is the caller ID correct on those all the time. Do extension calls to the App show the name and number correctly? What about an outside call, did you check the 3CX Activity Log for one of the call when this fails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.