• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Passing CallerID on forwarding with v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

brauscher

Reaction score
I just upgrade my 3CX to v8 and noticed a change in how calls forward to my cell. Previously my main line's callerID would be passed on to my cell when calls were forwarded to it. As of v8, all forwarded calls are now showing up as coming from "10000". I traced through 3CX and the only place I use 10000 is for the portID of my Patton4960.

This is very promising news to me! if 3CX can pass 10000, why can't it pass a variable set to the original callerID?

Specs:
3CX: v8.09414.453 running on Server2003 R2 hosted on VMwareESX 3.5
PSTN: Patton Smartnode 4960 4.1 running R4.2 2008-09-11
T1: Digital PRI delivered from Time Warner
VoIP: No VoIP providers configured.

Please, review your Outbound parameters settings for your PSTN gateway. Try to use $OutboundCallerID variable instead of $LineID

... and do you see any way to pass original Callerid ?

To pass original Caller ID you need to use variables $CallerNum/$CallerName in outbound parameters of external line in corresponding fields, which are used by your PSTN gateway / Provider (vendor dependant).

You're true, I put
and it works
Thanks !

Edit: But now, direct calls do no show CallerNum correctly... :cry: Do I need to duplicate PSTN trunks ?

Use 'Outbound Caller ID' parameter of extension to set up Caller ID for outgoing direct calls.

hum...I think I was not clear enought... I meant:

no modification on PSTN (Berofix) outgoing parameters (From: User Part = OutboundCallerId) :
if an internal call is forwarded (thru "Forward ALL calls / Out of office") to an external extension : original callerid is displayed
ex: internal ext. 100 (Outgoing id 555-001) calls ext. 101 (Outgoing id 555-002) that set forward to external 555-100 ; 555-100 see callerid 555-001 (ok)
if an external call is forwarded to an external extension : forwarding extension callerid is displayed 555-100 see callerid 555-002 (nok)

modification on PSTN outgoing parameters (From: User Part = CallerName) :
if an internal call is forwarded to an external extension : forwarding extension callerid 100 is displayed (nok)
if an external call is forwarded to an external extension : original callerid 555-001 is displayed (ok)

... any idea on how to make them 2 presenting the right callerid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.