Solved Passing on Callcentric Caller ID Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Arthur Siu, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur Siu

I use Callcentric in conjunction with 3CX. Right now when I receive a call, I can see the phone number of who is trying to call me. However I can't get the name to show up, and I know callcentric knows the name because it shows up in callcentric's logs. Any ideas anyone?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you see the name (along with the number), in the Invite, in the 3CX Activity Log, when a call comes in? Perhaps it's not being passed on to you.

If it is there, are you adding a name in any 3CX "services" (ring group, DID, queue) that is pushing aside the name being sent?

3. Arthur Siu

I don't see a name in the Activity Log. So it's probably not being passed on in the first place?

If Callcentric doesn't pass on Caller ID Name, does anyone know of a SIP Provider who does pass on Caller ID name?

As a sidenote do PSTN analog gateways normally pass on caller ID names?

#3 Arthur Siu, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would speak to your provider about why, in their logs, you see the name, but it is not being passed on you (additional cost?) In many cases name display is an added expense if the provider has to do a database lookup based on the number, someone has to pay for it, and it's probably going to be you. However, if they already have a name to send, that was passed to them by another provider, then they probably aren't paying for those. Ask them, see what they say.

On the PSTN gateways that I've used, if name display is subscribed to, then it will be sent on to 3CX, using Caller ID types that support it, such as Bellcore.

Arthur Siu likes this.
  5. Arthur Siu

Great answer, thanks for the help. Time to call up some poeple. Much appreciated.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Arthur Siu

You can try the following and see if that works for you :
    Navigate to your trunks settings / Inbound rules
    Change value ""CallerName" caller's name (default: From->display name)" to From:Display Name

Please note that if the Invite arrives to your system without a name you might get an empty screen on your phone.

7. Arthur Siu

Yep that worked. Changing "CallerName" to "From: Display Name" worked. Mark this thread as solved:)

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.