Passing results from HTTP Request

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by David Loke, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Loke

Hi,

I have been trying to pass a result from a HTTP request into a variable in CFD. It is a validating component I'm trying to develop. The result is "1" means validated while "0" is not validated.

I want to pass this result into a condition where if it is "1" play a success prompt and "0" play invalid prompt.

I've checked and results are being returned but it is not able to parse into a variable for some reasons. I see an example on MSSQL validation where the "Assign a variable" is used. What i don't understand is the expression in this variable

GREAT_THAN(validateCustomer.ScalarResult,0)

May I know what does this do and should I use it if it is a condition that I want to send the variable to?

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @David Loke,

The HTTP Requests component has a property named "ResponseContent", which holds the text returned by the server. So for example, if your component name is "HttpRequest1", then you will get the response using:
    HttpRequest1.ResponseContent

Also, if you need to check if the response is "1", then you need to use the following expression:
    EQUAL(HttpRequest1.ResponseContent,"1")

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. David Loke

Hi Thanks,

I got it to work without any build in functions. I also didn’t use set variable component. I simply passed the variable to a condition to do checking instead. All works now.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.