• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Password policy

NetVu IT

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to see an option to define a minimum password length for SIP accounts and voicemail. For one of the sites I maintain, SIP accounts have to use passwords of at least 16 characters, consisting of mixed case and numbers. For voicemail these have to be at least 6 digits. It'd be nice when adding/updating an extension if these requirements were automatically accounted for.

Upvote 7
+1

I can understand a desire to increase the length of the VM pin, but even your bank PIN number (the ones I've been using) is normally only 4 digits, and, can be quickly changed if you feel it has been compromised. The logs also allows you to see who is dialling in, if hacking is suspected.
As far as SIP passwords being 16 characters...users should not even be aware of what the password is, there is no need. It is never (normally) divulged, or visible, even if they are able to go into a the sets settings, at least the ones I've dealt with. I do (manually) use a longer password on most sets, but haven't tried anything more than about 10 digits.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.