• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Paths, FQDN / Webmeeting, 1 Trunk Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucs1

Reaction score
Although still in ALPHA there are some fundamentals just not working from the get go:

Paths
When installing and you want to restore from backup or add a SSL cert, you cannot use Quotes for the Path.
Code:
"C:\Path Here\ssl.pfx"

FQDN
Your FQDN must match your webmeeting FQDN otherwise install will fail as 3CX now Register your FQDN on their ERP regardless of whether it is Cloud or Single Instance

Webmeeting
As per the changelog 3cx webmeeting URL / FQDN is now integrated with v15. In v14 SP2 automatic activation was added. Why does Webmeeting not Deactivate when uninstalled? This would prevent FQDN issues with new installs/upgrades/hardware changes.

1 Trunk Limit
Fresh install:
When using v15 Alpha we are unable to create more than 1 SIP Trunk

Restore from backup:
When restoring from backup, this only imports 1 SIP Trunk and the rest are dropped.

+1 for the 1 trunk limit. I understand the 2 sim calls limitation but only allowing 1 trunk is harsh

Mine was a 16SC License

I was quoting for the free version but my license I grabbed today shows up as 8SC...lucky for you i guess :)

+1 on trunk issue. Not able to add more than 1 either.

I had about 5 setup (only 3 were used) but only one has been restored.

I will try and address all points:

ucs1 said:
Paths
When installing and you want to restore from backup or add a SSL cert, you cannot use Quotes for the Path.
Code:
"C:\Path Here\ssl.pfx"
You do not need the quotes, you can actually type in the folder name with the spaces as shown below.
file.php

============================================================================================

ucs1 said:
FQDN
Your FQDN must match your webmeeting FQDN otherwise install will fail as 3CX now Register your FQDN on their ERP regardless of whether it is Cloud or Single Instance
To clarify how this works, all host parts are shared across all 3CX Domains. This means that if someone has already created the "myfqdn.3cx.us" web meeting, "myfqdn.3cx.eu" cannot be created.
Also, as very correctly pointed out, if someone with License Key 1111-2222-3333-4444 has created web meeting "mybusiness.3cx.eu" in V14, during the installation of V15 you may only use "mybusiness.3cx.eu" (the same as before) if you have entered the same License Key 1111-2222-3333-4444, else it will give you an error that it is being used.

============================================================================================

ucs1 said:
1 Trunk Limit
Fresh install:

Restore from backup:
When restoring from backup, this only imports 1 SIP Trunk and the rest are dropped.
This is true, with a "Free" (aka "PBX Edition") License Key you can only create 1 Trunk.

Attachments

• path_with_spaces.png
    path_with_spaces.png
    13 KB · Views: 1,248
Is this true for v14 as well? I saw no mention in the docs about trunk limitations.

As stated in another thread, a tooltip would help explain why ok can't be clicked.

NickD_3CX said:
ucs1 said:
1 Trunk Limit
Fresh install:

Restore from backup:
This is true, with a "Free" (aka "PBX Edition") License Key you can only create 1 Trunk.

I have 8SC license, yet I can still only create one SIP Trunk.

zopa said:

I have 8SC license, yet I can still only create one SIP Trunk.

When you activate the Free License Key you receive via email for V15, indeed you get 8SC but are limited to 1 Trunk.

In the PBX Edition you have 8 sim calls but only 1 trunk.
We will be releasing the list of blocked features. Well we are giving 8 sim calls for free basically - 1 trunk is ok compared to what you get. You can go and pump up the number of sim calls on that trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.