• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton 2114 multiple caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshhough

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got a Patton 2114 FXO. Quick question - the client has 3 lines... Two for the house and 1 for the office. Usually i would set a prefix to set the caller ID accordingly, however, am i able to set the outbound rule for a particular port on the FXO? or would it be worth me getting a separate one for the office line?

Thanks,

Josh

Have you set up the trunks as a single group with three members, in 3CX, or as two trunk groups consisting of two members, and one member? With most gateways, you would have to do the latter.

Hi,

I simply followed the 3CX instructions for setting up a Patton gateway. Are there settings in the gateway that mean i can disable outgoing calls on a particular port?

Thanks

Sorry, i think i've just answered my own question... In the 3cx console i can disable outgoing calls on a particular port so i would assume that would mean i can disable outgoing calls on one of the caller ID's?

Some gateways allow you to send calls to a particular port, which in turn is tied to a particular PSTN line, some will choose the port/line when you send calls to a trunk group that contains more than one member.

You can choose to disable all outgoing calls to one of these trunk groups, but the outbound rules also allow rules to be used by a certain group of extensions, or prefixes added to route calls to a second trunk group. That means that two different extensions, could dial the same number, and the call will go out on two different trunk groups. You could also route certain numbers, so that they only went out on pone particular PSTN line, no matter who dialled the number.

Outbound rules are very flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.