Patton 4112 FXO

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmr, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmr

jmr

Hi guys,
    We have two issues at the moment.

We have two PSTN lines. If one line is in use - the other person can't dial out. So something going on with routing rules... Can't quite figure that out.

Second - inbound, if someone is on the main number, say 31004100, they can't call in on that number (obviously). Do we need to divert this to the second number (presumably at the carrier level) to enable that inbound call to arrive on the other PSTN?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does 3CX see the two lines as a single trunk group, or is each line it's own group? If it's one group, is it set to allow two calls on that group? The 3CX Activity Log will show what is happening when the second call is attempted.

The second issue would have to do with the type of service from your PSTN provider. It sounds as if you need to add "hunting", or "call forward busy", (companies have different names for the service) to the first line, so that if it is busy, a second call will ring the second line.

3. joseph serna callao

Hello.

I have a problem with my patton smartnode 4112. it can't make outgoing call using my PSTN plugged into fxo 0 0. but fxo is working because it has voltage reading. it does not appear registered or provisioned also to 3cx when I used authentication type: registered/account based. but when I changed it to ip based it turned green. I hope someone can help me solve it. Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

#3 joseph serna callao, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

To begin, I would check the 3CX Activity Log, after an outgoing call attempt, to see if there is some sort of error message. It should provide a clue as to what is happening.

5. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Jmr,

Here is some information on the "breaking" into 2 lines with outbound FXO:
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...xo-line-for-each-extension.53405/#post-218850

However it sounds to me like you simply cannot dial your second line. As leejor has said some 3CX verbose logs would tell you more.

Additionally if these all look good there are some debugging commands specificially for FXO in the Patton smartnode troubleshooting guide, these are run via the CLI of the Patton:
    https://www.patton.com/support/kb_art.asp?art=59&

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @joseph serna callao

What PBX version are you running? Also did you provision the Patton device using the configuration file generated by the management console? \
    Is the Patton device local or remote to the server? If the device is not registered then no calls will be possible through the Patton. When you switch it to IP based the PBX no longer requires a registration and turns the status to green but that does not mean the management console can communicate with the Patton device. Please follow the steps of the this guide and let us know if that works for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.