Patton 4112, Strip leading digit for one line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by powerplan, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerplan

Hi

I have just replaced a number of Linksys 3012 that I was using as PSTN lines and replaced them with Patton 4112's

I have one problem, I have one line on a 4112 that requires the first digit stripped off (9) but the second line needs it to remain
    I can't see how to do this in 3CX as the route in outbound rules only lets me select the gateway name and not the individual line address. V11

Any ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You have to be using a gateway that allows, and then program each port , in both the gateway, and in 3CX, as individual trunks or groups of trunks. Unless the gateway has the ability to do digit manipulation itself, on a per port basis, then you have to do it in the outbound rules on a per trunk route basis.

If necessary, you could set up the Patton as one trunk group with X members, then use one of the 3102's as a single trunk group where a digit need to be stripped off.

3. powerplan

Thanks Leejor

I suppose my question is,

Can the Patton 4122 be configured to strip off or add digits on single lines, if so how would I do that, I not used to the interface at present?

Chris

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't used the Patton, but I'm going to guess, no.

If it allows, just take one port and "point" a new trunk group, that you create in 3CX, at it. The new trunk group route can be added as a second route for the same numbers sent to the "main" trunk group (minus the first digit if desired).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.