Patton 4112 trouble with Multiple incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dnut, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnut

Hello,
    I'm having some troubles a 3CX configuration that is using a PSTN GatewayPatton 4112.

It behaves as follows:
    when user is having a conversation on PSTN line 1 and 3CX receives a second incoming call on PSTN line 2, the user hears a tone (of the incoming call) in the Phone, then line 1 stops, and the phone ring (this is at least what my customer told me).

Do you believe is something to fix in the Patton Gateway, o ring the 3CX?
    Any experiences?
    Any suggestions?

Thank you

3CX 15.5 Free Version on Debian Server

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If PSTN line 2 is a part of the same trunk group (the gateway is all one trunk group), then an incoming call should route to the same destination as a call on trunk one. How is that set up? If that is what is happening, and a call routes to the same phone currently on a call, then you would have to examine how that sets handles additional calls (call waiting?). The other possibility is that there is a call waiting option or other option on the PSTN line that is causing the issue. Is the tone they hear coming from the PSTN provider, 3CX, or the set? You might try calling the set from another extension, then, while that call is up, call the line again from yet another extension. Is there a call waiting tone? How is the call handled?

The 3CX Activity Log may also provide some insight into what is happening when this occurs.

3. dnut

Here I am,
    I did some research with the customer.
    the problem (call ends) when a second inbound call arrives on the same "pstn" number the first call is happening.
    A (external) calls B, then C (external) calls B on the same "pstn" number A is calling.

When C calls:
    A while speaking with B) hears nothing, the call just ends.
    B (while speaking with A) hears a little tone, then the call ends.
    C hears a steady tone (I'm not able to understand where the tone comes from, but I suspect it comes from the Patton PSTN Gateway), then hears B phone is ringing.
    A phone ring again, and if answered, a conversation with C is initiated.

Here is the log of the events above.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SEoKQfIyqvZX_-d3Xmd7LoMKWsMr15AL/view?usp=sharing

Probably the log starts when C calls, and A is already speaking with B.

Thank you

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the PSTN number have a call waiting feature from your phone provider (it should not), or, is there hunting to a second PSTN line. Theses are features that the subscriber would be paying for. Call waiting, is not compatible with a gateway. Hunting would be the feature you want. A second call, to the "main" PSTN number should ring in on the second line, if the first is engaged.

I suspect that the "tone" being heard, is the PSTN call waiting tone. The Patton may be misinterpreting this, or another condition that is being presented when this happens. If the second call is actually coming in on the second line, then it would follow call routing for that trunk group.

You may consider unplugging the PSTN lines from the Patton, plugging line one into a standard analogue set, the having another number call the line. While on that call, have another number call the same line. Do you hear a call waiting tone?. If so, call the provider and have the feature removed from the PSTN line, then have them change the line to hunt to the second line when in use.

#4 leejor, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.