Patton 4114 (2 x FXS, 2 x FXO) Configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TechTonic, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechTonic

I have spent a couple of days on this as although the 4114 is a 3CX supported device, you are on your own if you decide to go with the 2 x FXS, 2 x FXO variant.

As I am sure that others will wish to use this gateway in the future, this thread aims to establish a working config file.

The config below represents my progress to date and is for version 5.3 of the Patton 4114 for UK use. Issues that need to be resolved are:

• The analog phone attached to FXS 0 (97 in the config) does not ring. However, the fxs indicator led on the Patton flashes and when you answer the phone it works perfectly.
    • Calls made from FXS 0 (97 in the config) to internal SNOM extensions take around 10 seconds before the extensions ring. Before that you get silence.
    • The 'VoIP Link' led on the front panel of the Patton will not go solid. According to the Patton manual its current blinking state indicates an error of some kind.

Any help would be appreciated.

TT

2. TelicaIT

Hi There,

I know its a bit of a late reply but I have just used your config on a customer 4114 using Firmware v5.3.

Everything is working fine subject to customer testing (I did it remotely) so will report back if I do or do not have the issues you stated.

The only problem I had that I thought I would let you know about was that on the line abot "fax Max-bit-rate 9600" a telnet session to the Patton shows a config error on that line saying 15500 is not an option so I had to manually set it through the Web page and even the exported config file shows the same as yours so not too sure what is happening there!!!

I now have the following Errors on startup through a terminal session so will report back if I resolve these:

LOGERROR : DSP: ADDING 2250Hz TONE FAILED - MAX NUMBER OF SIGNALS REACHED
    1970-01-01T01:00:56 : LOGERROR : DSP: ADDING 1100Hz TONE FAILED - MAX NUMBER O
    F SIGNALS REACHED
    1970-01-01T01:00:57 : LOGERROR : DSP: ADDING 2250Hz TONE FAILED - MAX NUMBER O
    F SIGNALS REACHED
    1970-01-01T01:00:57 : LOGERROR : DSP: ADDING 1100Hz TONE FAILED - MAX NUMBER O
    F SIGNALS REACHED

Regards

Steve

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I noticed that there is one parameter:

context cs switch
    no digit-collection timeout

Can you put a value in here? Say, 3 or 4 seconds, so that a dialed number will "go out" 3 or 4 seconds after the last digit is dialled? Perhaps the default is to wait for 10 or 15 seconds.

4. STCJeff

I have the 4 FXO version, but the timeout should work the same. You can indeed put in a digit-collection timeout value (we're using 3 seconds) and it will speed up outgoing dialing. You also can use a digit collection terminator (such as the pound sign) so that when you hit that button the Patton dials immediately rather than waiting for the timeout counter to finish.

5. jfurmanek

Many Thanks for the config file.

I have successfully adapted it for a Patton 4118 FXS gateway, I would not have been able to do this without your master template !.

So please let me know if anyone needs a copy of mine.

Cheers

John
    john@furmanek.co.uk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ciscorusty

Hi John,

The 4118 you got working was that a 4 x FX0 and 4 X FXS configuration? If so I would love to have a look at the config.

Thanks,
    Russell.

7. Denis Lamothe

I also have a Patton 4118 with 4x FXO and 4x FXS ports, that i would like to configure to use at least 2 FXO and 2 FXS at the same time. Anyone that could help out... that would be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.