• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton 4114 - Choosing a line

Status
Not open for further replies.

isma

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using a Patton 4114 as my FXS gateway.

I was wondering how could I select a specific line.

My client is keeping an external voicemail incase all his lines would be busy or the system would be down but to retrieve it's messages he needs to be able to dial de vm acces number on the last line of his cascade.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Francois

cant he just dial the number the vm is on and check from any phone???? Like if he were in a different location.

Some voicemail systems require that you are call in from the number associated with that mailbox (using caller ID), other allow access from any number, along with a PIN.

If you want users to be able to place outgoing calls on a specific outgoing line (gateway trunk) , then (depending on the gateway), it requires that the PSTN line be put into it's own trunk group. It can still be used as overflow for the other "main" trunks, but you can choose to use a different prefix digit to access it, or you could just route calls dialled from one (or more) extension(s) to the voicemail access number, out on the single trunk, using outbound rules. Exactly how you do it will depend on your current outbound rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.