PATTON 4114 CLOSE TO GETTING SMASHED OF A WALL!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by iainaa, Oct 24, 2007.

1. iainaa

Someone help please. Configured patton box but when i call no one hears the phone ringing at the other end even though 3cx says it is ringing. Also when someone is calling me , my 3cx software tells me someone is dialling in but there is no ringing . PLEASE HELP i am at my wits end with this 3CX and Voice gateway carry on !

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Dont smash it against the wall :)

DId you use the sample template that is provided by 3CX to configure the gateway? Did you connect lines to each of the ports? What country are you based in, do you have the correct tone set loaded for that country?

3. iainaa

Hi THere, used 3cx template + instructions, then created an outbound call rule and thats where i am. Dont know anything about tomes etc oblivious to phone terminoligy can you help me ?

4. iainaa

Can anyone help please?

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

First of all - give us a chance! This is vuluntary support here so have a little patience. I know it's frustrating but you will get help.

Have you tried calling from 1 extension to an another extension? (Both internal). Does that work ok?

Do you have an inbound rule set on that line? What are you telling that line to do when it rings? You have options of going to DR, VM, Ring Groups, a particular extension.

Can you post your server status logs from 3CX? Make sure you do this with an incoming call so we can look at it.

6. iainaa

Sorry Rob for sounding impatient, your help is much appreciated. Have now managed to receive incoming calls thanks to your info for ring group ! however still not making outgoing calls. have made an aoutbound rule which is fine and 3cx sees the call dialing however just get this slow engaged tone, but 3cx thinks its ringing and handset thinks its ringing but it isnt any ideas ????????????????

7. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Does your outbound rule strip off the "9" when it dials? You are dialing 9 when trying to make outbound call right? You have to strip off the "9" or else that will get passed to the gateway which will try to dial 9 and the phone number.

Is there a web interface for the patton with a status page? If so go into that as you dial and see if you can tell what is getting passed from 3CX for dialing information.

Not sure where you are located but you will need some dialing rules.

I have not used that Patton device yet but will have one on order later today or tomorrow.

8. iainaa

Hi Rob probably being stupid but whats the nine for?

9. iainaa

Right, I've got it working in a fashion. I've copied and pasted these settings into the patton config file:

interface fxo fxoif0
    use profile tone-set default
    route call dest-interface sipif0
    disconnect-signal loop-break
    disconnect-signal busy-tone
    loop-break-duration min 200 max 1000
    ring-number on-caller-id
    mute-dialing
    dial-after timeout 2

It now works for oubound calls, however after 30 or so seconds the calls disconnect (inbound and outbound). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IainAA

10. alicic

alicic New Member

Hi,

If you have second NIC card on PC running 3CX try to disable it, it may causeing your problem. That is how I solved my problem of call drop after 30 sec.

regards