Patton 4114 Gateway not dialing out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by apex7, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apex7

Hi, I installed a Patton Gateway 4114 (4xFXO) onto the 3CX Version 12.

I used the standard configuration as per the instructions in 3CX and uploaded the configuration file to the Patton gateway.
    I'm only using 2 of the 4 fxo ports.
    It was all working ok for a couple of weeks and then some of the handsets couldn't dial out over the Patton. I tried to reconfigure it, reset to factory settings etc, but now I cant get any phones to dial out via the Patton. I have 2 outgoing rules, dial 5 to route out via Patton, or 9 to dial out over the VoIP provider.

Incoming calls on the Patton and VoIP are working correctly. Dialing out over the VoIP is working.
    It's only dialing OUT over Patton where there is an issue.

Version of Firmware in Patton: R6.4 2013-09-05
    3CX - Version 12 with SP1

Any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are receiving incoming calls from the Patton, then we have to assume that some of the phone lines are working. However, it could be a case of line 3 and 4 working, but not line 1, or line 1 and 2. Those may be the lines chosen first for outbound calls.

Check over the fail logs and see if all failures were attempted on the same port (line).

Go to the back of the Patton and take a standard telephone with an RJ11 socket in the bottom (I'm assuming that the Patton has incoming lines via RJ11 cords). Unplug each line from the Patton and plug it into the telephone, confirm that you have dialtone, and can dial a number. Be sure all cords are seated properly in the Patton.

3. apex7

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The system log does show that its trying to dial out over the ports that don't have the lines connected (3cx line 10008 & 10009). Funny thing is that is was working for some time like that, so not sure if after installing SP1 if something went wrong. Difficult to place an exact time stamp on it. It doesn't make sense that the calls were going out over the 3CX port 10008 & 10009 initially because nothing was plugged into them. I thought that was just a bug and that although you would assume each port would match up in sequence to the 4 FXO ports. This wasn't the case.

I'm also baffled at how to get 3cx to generate a config file for the Patton if you only want to use 2 of the available 4 FXO ports.

If you run through the Add VoIP Gateway wizard, select the Patton 4114 with 4 x FXO and decide to only select maximum 2 calls instead of 4, then when you finish the wizard it doesn't create a config file for you. You have to select 4 for the number of calls in the wizard for 3CX to create the config file??

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

if you are not using a couple of the ports in the Patton, and it isn't capable of a round-robin trunk selection. in other words, only the idle port selected by 3CX is the one that call attempts to go out on, then disable or delete the trunks in 3CX.

It appears that you have four trunks programmed, rather than one trunk group that allows four calls, just stop calls going out on the members that are not connected to working phone lines.

5. apex7

I tried removing the Patton, downgraded the Firmware and reapplied all the configs and still no joy.
    I think the issue may have come in with Version 12 SP1. Unfortunately I don't think you can uninstall the SP1 so I am going in tomorrow to do afresh install of the entire 3CX system. If it works without the SP1 upgrade, then I will suggest to 3CX that there may be issues in the SP1.

I can still receive calls via the Patton, but cannot make calls. I just get a bad gateway, or server timeout error reported in both the 3CX server log, and on the Snom handsets.

It's really annoying as without the automatic config file for the Patton, manually programming it seems quite difficult / complex.

I even tried setting the 'blacklist' IP settings on the 3CX server to 1 second. I thought maybe due to failed authentication attempts something was blocking the calls but it didn't make a difference.

6. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Ive ran into the exact same issue and here is what we do to work around it.
    Since you only have 2 POTs lines i would work it a little but different.
    Choose the patton SN4112 as the type when you are making your config file.
    The SN4112 and SN4114 are identical except for the obvious fact of 2 vs 4 ports.

So then when you load your config to the patton unit it will only configure 2 of the ports to register to the 3CX system. Its a little bit tricky.
    I have attached a screen shot of a customer i have with exactly your setup SN4114 but only 2 analog lines.
    Also i sent you a PM email me if you would like my config file as a reference.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.