Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Patton 4114 only one port?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi, I haven't installed a Patton 4114 in a while - not since v11. But on a clean install of v14, and provisioning two of these via the 3cx console, the Patton's only show 1 port. Can that be right?

I do have a few v11 running and a v11 to 14 upgrade running, and they both show the 4114 with the expected 4 ports.

But I also read that Patton shows ports as a single (hunt group) in 3cx, whereas Welltech shows individual ports?

So I'm confused ;-). Should each 4114 show 4 ports?

Thanks, Les

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. cfive

cfive Member

Thanks, I read the instructions multiple times ;-).

So I guess it's not an error. What confuses me, is that upgrades from v11 > through 12 > 14 - the Patton's show all the ports.

Is that normal?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, the reason for that is that the Template as well as the Management Console config (along with the current config you have with 4 ports) is passed onto V14 through the backup.

I would recommend giving the new template a spin if you have a second gateway at see if you prefer it, quite a few users have found it much easier to maintain, especially now that you can create a DID Inbound Rule for each FXO port (step 7 of the guide).

5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

When was this added? That's a great feature that negates any negative the new template had. Thanks for pointing that out I will use that with my deployment next week!

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If memory serves it was with SP1 of V14.

Also make sure you have the latest Patton template from the Management Console -> Updates -> PSTN Gateway Template Updates before going through the Wizard as it does include some important fixes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.