Patton 4424 Configuration help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by benkeezer, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benkeezer

We are setting up a 3cx test system. Eveything is working well so far except getting the Patton 4424 24-port FXS configured. I've followed the instructions http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/patton-fxs-gateway-at/ to the letter. I even made a checklist and ticked them off one by one. The ONLY difference I can see is in the firmware version. The version listed in the article does not seem to be available so I used the closest one I could find. The article calls for Smartware 5.4 Build Series 2009-11-18 and i used R5.4 2010-05-14 H323 SIP FXS FXO.

I can see the Patton FXS listed under extensions

I have an Amphenol connector connected to the Patton and the RJ-11 labeled "1" plugged into an analog phone. No dial tone.

My questions are: Did I do it right and how do I manage it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ben

Attached Files:

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I'm confused as why you are using a gateway wtih FXS ports.... If you have a 3cx and the lines are coming in as analog you would beed to be using a gateway with FXO ports in order to convert the analog lines to SIP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

JP, the device is an IP channel bank for 24 to 32 analog ports (FXS). Some of the Patton Smart Node devices have both FXO and FXS in the same physical box, but this appears to be pute FXS. It also appears from the post that it correctly configured given that #CX recognizes the phone type and he has been able to assign to extensions. The amphenol connector is the output of the 4424 that is used to connect into a set of 66 blocks at an MDf which in turn lead to the analog phones.

My guess is that a butt-phone might be needed to determine if Dial Tone can be heard on the input side of the block. It could be as simple that the 66 block is a split type and needs bridging clips to connect the source to the CPE (phone set) side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.