Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Patton 4554 in a DMZ

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ascentor, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ascentor

Hi all,

I have been reading through the Patton 4554 user manual and the 3cx configuration guide learning as much as possible about my intended solution for our Company. At para 10 of the config guide I found this statement:

I presume this refers to the physical LAN and not Virtual LAN. My company policy and architecture directs that any VoIP gateway must reside in a DMZ (e.g VLAN 101) while the IP PBX will be on a core network (e.g VLAN 102). I haven't found anything in the Patton user guides stating it must be in the same 'LAN' as the IP PBX. So before I go and buy the patton can anyone confirm that it will work with the 3CX IP PBX when it is on different virtual LAN.

Cheers

DaveJ

2. KrisHansen

Ive never tried it myself but I assume it will be ok. The patton just advertises each BRI as a 2 channel SIP trunk that you register to, you can connect to a VOIP provider over the internet so I dont see why you couldnt connect to this in your DMZ provided your firewall allowed the SIP traffic through. Has anyone else actually set this up?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ascentor

Thanks Kris,
    I cant see why a Patton (or any other gateway) wouldn't work in a DMZ either, but by the lack of response I guess its not 'normal' practice. Guess I will have to try it out and report back with the result.

Thanks again

DaveJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.