• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton 4634 third ISDN Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSoft

Reaction score
Hi ,

I own a 4634 Patton Gateway.

This gateway have 3 isdn ports.

In 3cx , i try to configure this gateway .
If I modify the defualt value of 2 ports
the wizard, in the last page, does not show "Generate config file" button .
Is there anyone can tell me why ?

Thank You
Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I suspect this is by design - I have seen this in the config wizard for other models. There is a workaround though...

Most Patton gateways will have a lifeline port that you would ignore in your scenario as far as plugging a cable into it.

I would recommend leaving the defaults in the wizard so that it allows you to export the config file, then imrpot what it generates. I have found that the Patton gateway seems to handle the defaults fine without any editing and if the lines aren't connected to the gateway, they won't be used (as in you should not expect it to drop any calls)

Hope this works for you.

Cheers, Brendan

hi brendan ,

first of all thanks you for answer my question.
maybe my english doesn't allow me to understand what i s the workaround or maybe
my question wasn't really clear but my intention is to use the 3rd ISDN port !!
because i own 3 isdn lines .
If i could i don't want to buy another Gateway for using it with a single line....

hope this complete my scenario...
thank you
Roberto

I was not aware of this model. If there are no templates for it, there is no reason you cant use the Patton - take a template generated for a 2 port model and then add the 3rd port - youll have to know a bit about patton and potentially work with their support but it can be done no problem at all.

Hi Nick ,

thank you for answer.
It sounds a little strange to me that you don't know about this model
Both Patton 4634 (3 isdn lines) and 4638 (5 isdn lines) are listed in 3cx Gateway wizard configuration....

Trying configuring them with 3cx allows to generate a file only if I tell the wizard to use (Maxlinesnumber - 1 )
lines handled by the gateway ..

So for 4634 is 2 (3-1) and for 4638 is 4 (5-1).....

As you suggest i thought to get a config file from patton 4638 and drop information not related to
lines 1,2,3.

When i will do this i'll let you know about the results.
Thanks
Roberto

In that case you can contact technical support if you have a commercial edition with tech support package......

Hi Roberto,

I believe you are correct:

For 4634 is 2 (3-1) and for 4638 is 4 (5-1).....

The first port (port 0) would always be considered a life line port and doesn't seem to answer calls when connected.

It could be used, however you would need to change the config from what the wizard generates. If it helps, we have 3 x ISDN lines and have successfully connected the 4638 using the config from the template with no changes (other than manually adding the "0" prefix back in for inbound calls). We connected the cables to the ISDN services on ports 1,2,3 resepctively and ignore port 0.

Approaching Patton support directly to get some advice on the config and whether or not it could be changed to utilise port 0 might be another option... I'd be interested to see any suggested config changes if you try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.