Patton 4638 - 5 Port BRI - Need to use all 5 ports

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Please can someone tell me why we can't use all 5 ports on the unit with 3CX. The 3CX Gateway wizard stipulates only 4 should be specified else it will not work.

Our client requires 10 lines, so we are installing 5 ISDN 2e's, and this Patton Gateway :shock:

Thanks for an answer on this - I need to use this 5th port now, albeit, the customer does, and this system is going in this week!!!

Help!

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. m.fokkert

Hallo

First make a patton gateway with standaard configuration 4 ports
    then make an extra patton gateway with 1 port. Use this port for the 5th port on the patton.

than you have to manual edit te config file for the patton to combine the 2 config files together.

works fine here.

Mark Fokkert

3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

That's useful to know.

So if I create a new PSTN Gateway for the single port, do I just go into the original config file for the 4 ports I've already setup and add the new line number or is there more to it than that ?

Thanks, Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Right, I have done what I think you have done.

I found every reference / section of code in the config file relating to the last line, and copied and pasted it back in, and modifying the number to 4 to represent the 5th physical port. And removed the final section reference the port as shutdown.

This isn't for the faint-hearted. I will test the config file out of hours this evening. Based on what I've mentioned, does that sound like what you done.

5. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I done as specified, created a config file for a single line and merged everything after context cs switch. No Joy.

3CX Support advise that Patton advise them that due to the CPU power of the patton Smart Node, all 5 ports cannot be used. This is odd, since it is sold as a 5-port BRI. Regardless I have logged a support ticket with Patton to get clarification on whether this is indeed the case or not.

Unfortunately I was not able to easily replicate Mark's success. I'll update once I've heard back from Patton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.