• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton 4638 - 5 Port BRI - Need to use all 5 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziptalk

Reaction score
Please can someone tell me why we can't use all 5 ports on the unit with 3CX. The 3CX Gateway wizard stipulates only 4 should be specified else it will not work.

Our client requires 10 lines, so we are installing 5 ISDN 2e's, and this Patton Gateway :shock:

Thanks for an answer on this - I need to use this 5th port now, albeit, the customer does, and this system is going in this week!!!

Help!

Lewis

Hallo

First make a patton gateway with standaard configuration 4 ports
then make an extra patton gateway with 1 port. Use this port for the 5th port on the patton.

than you have to manual edit te config file for the patton to combine the 2 config files together.

works fine here.

Mark Fokkert

kieft said:
Hallo

First make a patton gateway with standaard configuration 4 ports
then make an extra patton gateway with 1 port. Use this port for the 5th port on the patton.

than you have to manual edit te config file for the patton to combine the 2 config files together.

works fine here.

Mark Fokkert

That's useful to know.

So if I create a new PSTN Gateway for the single port, do I just go into the original config file for the 4 ports I've already setup and add the new line number or is there more to it than that ?

Thanks, Lewis

Right, I have done what I think you have done.

I found every reference / section of code in the config file relating to the last line, and copied and pasted it back in, and modifying the number to 4 to represent the 5th physical port. And removed the final section reference the port as shutdown.

This isn't for the faint-hearted. I will test the config file out of hours this evening. Based on what I've mentioned, does that sound like what you done.

I done as specified, created a config file for a single line and merged everything after context cs switch. No Joy.

3CX Support advise that Patton advise them that due to the CPU power of the patton Smart Node, all 5 ports cannot be used. This is odd, since it is sold as a 5-port BRI. Regardless I have logged a support ticket with Patton to get clarification on whether this is indeed the case or not.

Unfortunately I was not able to easily replicate Mark's success. I'll update once I've heard back from Patton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.