Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

patton 4970 and more then one 3cx server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by felipeg007, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felipeg007

has anyone configured more then one 3cx server located in different cities to a single Patton 4970 t1\e1.

Location A- 3cx ---\
    ........................... <---> Patton 1 is located -C (Mitel System) connected to a Mitel system via T1\E1 port
    Location B - 3cx---/

how do you configure the Patton to allow more then one server registration, limit simultaneous calls per server
    create call routes to send calls from location C back to location A for extension 64XX and location B for 59XX.
    any documents or urls would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

You need to setup bridges between the two systems - http://www.3cx.com/docs/connecting-offices-bridges/

This way, the patton will be registered to local server, but the other server can use it for calls, etc

3. felipeg007

There is a bridge between A and B. But I don't want to use bridges because I don't want every call from location B to C to have to route through location A. All these locations are connected via a WAN.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The devices that I've encounters, that allow the datafill of more than one server, still only allow the use of one at a time. The second server is only used (registered to) in the event that the first server is not available. I would suspect that if settings for a second server exist in the Patton, it would behave in that manner.

Why can you not establish a Bridge Trunk between B and C? Would this require an additional Gateway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.