patton 4970 and more then one 3cx server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by felipeg007, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felipeg007

has anyone configured more then one 3cx server located in different cities to a single Patton 4970 t1\e1.

Location A- 3cx ---\
    ........................... <---> Patton 1 is located -C (Mitel System) connected to a Mitel system via T1\E1 port
    Location B - 3cx---/

how do you configure the Patton to allow more then one server registration, limit simultaneous calls per server
    create call routes to send calls from location C back to location A for extension 64XX and location B for 59XX.
    any documents or urls would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

You need to setup bridges between the two systems - http://www.3cx.com/docs/connecting-offices-bridges/

This way, the patton will be registered to local server, but the other server can use it for calls, etc

3. felipeg007

There is a bridge between A and B. But I don't want to use bridges because I don't want every call from location B to C to have to route through location A. All these locations are connected via a WAN.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The devices that I've encounters, that allow the datafill of more than one server, still only allow the use of one at a time. The second server is only used (registered to) in the event that the first server is not available. I would suspect that if settings for a second server exist in the Patton, it would behave in that manner.

Why can you not establish a Bridge Trunk between B and C? Would this require an additional Gateway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.