Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

patton 4970 not registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

I have a patton 4970 and it seems after loading config from 3CX the gateway is still not registered. Followed the steps given by 3CX.

Any idea?

Thanks,

STASH

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

can you ping/access the web interface?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stash

stash New Member

Hi Sigma,

Yes i can ping and access the web. But config from 3CX is not reflecting or loading on the device. I already did the factory reset. Roll back firmware but still no luck.

Thanks,

STASH

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

I seem to remember that the SN4970 has two Ethernet ports labelled 0/0 and 0/1 ... You configure via the 0/0 port, but then connect it for operation on the 0/1 port after the 3CX configuration has been loaded into it.

Had you done that???

best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

4970 has only 1 Ethernet port which is 0/0. Maybe this hardware has defect are you sure that this device has 2 Ethernet port?

Thanks,

STASH

6. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Oops - sorry - its the 4960 that has the two ports ...

Have you tried doing a firmware update? I've had a couple of Smart Nodes that have needed to be hit with a reset & firmware upgrade before they would behave.

7. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

Yes i already loaded the latest firmware.

Thanks,

STASH

8. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Hi Stash
    After the config file dump from 3CX - are you able to browse the 4970 on its new IP address - or is it still on the default??

9. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

Yes i can still access the patton after loading the config file. using the ip address i gave to it. But i don't see anything different on it and it's not registered on 3CX.

Thanks,

STASH

10. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

I already resolved the problem :) just created another gateway on the PSTN using 10001 Virtual number and it registered.

So i have 2 patton devices 1 is not registered and the other is registered. i will check if i can make incoming and outgoing call.

Thanks,

STASH

11. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Hi Stash
    Thanks for the closure - interesting to see that changing the virtual line number resolved the issue. I've not seen that before and can't imagine why it would cause a problem - But - one more fact & fix for the tool-box!

best regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.