Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

patton 4970

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Anyone can send me configuration steps how to make the incoming call to the patton 4970.

I can make outgoing call but when i tried to calling the PRI number i just get busy tone.

Is there anything that need to be configured in patton handling incoming call going to the 3CX? because i don't see any activity on the 3cx server activity log.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

STASH

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

I'm assuming you have used the 3CX wizard to configure the Patton SN4970 - yes??

How have you configured the DDI numbers associated with the PRI service??

I know that SIP Trunk DDI numbers come in as 11 digits here - but ISDN DDI's come in with 6 [that's UK spec's] ... Maybe you need to Wireshark your system during the incoming call and see if this is about what digits are being presented as the Dialled number i.e. the 'To' part of the SIP header.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

Yes i did the wizard on 3CX.

Where can i set the DDI number in patton? maybe this is the missing link.

Hope to get response asap.

THanks,

STASH

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

The DDI set up is not done in the Patton - but done against the device in the 3CX Management module. You should see an entry for your Smart Node device (under 'VoIP/PSTN Gateways'), which will be whatever you named it in the initial set-up. That will have a port number associated with it (e.g. 10005), and then the port number should expand to show the DDI numbers associated with that trunk group. If you have no DDI numbers showing, you need to select the actual device name, go to the DID tab and then input the set of DDI numbers that are associated with the ISDN trunk group.

Here in the UK I need to input DDI numbers in the format of the last 6 digits (not 7 as I said before sorry) - and you need to do that for the 'port' number that 3CX has assigned to the device. Wireshark or verbose logging will confirm the format of the To header showing how many digits are presented to the 3CX with the incoming call ...

Once the DDI numbers have been input & OK'd - then they will appear in your inbound rules list and you can create the in and out of hours routing destinations for them as per usual.

If you have done all that - then the only other thing I can suggest is that you need to reconfigure the 3CX configuration for the gateway using an alternative protocol (i.e. DMS100 rather than DSS1 or vice versa). Also of note is the need to choose between the basic E1 (European) or T1 (USA) setting when first choosing the gateway type in the 3CX wizard.

I hope that's helpful ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

STASH

6. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

Issue resolved. I just changed the protocol to NI2.

Thanks,

STASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.