Patton FXS issue returning private address

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gablesm, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gablesm

I have a new installation of 3CX. all voice calls work fine with Broadvox sip trunk. However, when using a Patton 4114 FXS box, Broadvox is seeing the private IP address of the patton being sent to them rather than the public address from the 3cx server. Hence, I get no faxes through.

internal 3cx IP: 172.16.21.5 - External through firewall is 67.X.X.X
    internal patton IP 172.16.21.8

any ideas?

2. wagner.damiao

I don´t understand your topology,

The internal and external ip are in the same range?

Best Regards!

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not quite clear on this. the Patten 4114 shows as a four port FXO gateway (connects 3CX to PSTN lines). So, I'm not sure how it relates to your VoIP provider. If you did have an FXS device(s), then 3CX would be between it and your VoIp provider.

If it is an issue with the 3CX trunks and registration using the private IP, then you may want to look into how you have implemented STUN.

4. rbc94

The 4114 comes as an FXS or FXO device. 3CX has a template for the 4114 FXS on their website. You have to download this template and import it into the 3cx system and then it will show up in the list. make sure you use the template. it makes setup a breeze.

Here's the link to get it setup

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/patton-fxs-gateway-at/

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Even as a gateway, it will be/have assigned an internal IP on the network. I'm just not clear how it is interacting with a VoIP provider, given that it will interface 3CX with PSTN lines. Any VoIP services would have to be registered as a separate trunk group with 3CX not the gateway.

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

My guess is that the DID associated to the fax is coming into the system via Broadvox and he is attempting to output the fax using one of the FXS ports of the Patton into a fax machine. The Patton is sending its internal address back to 3CX, but the t38 negoiation is not occuring correctly between the Patton through 3CX back to Broadvox.

Just a guess at this point, but that is what I tend to make of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.