Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Patton Gateway Behind SBC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wendelspanswick, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Wendelspanswick

Wendelspanswick New Member

@eddv123
    Hi Edd, I'm testing a remote Patton 4114 and I saw you have had success with this, can you confirm that in the Patton config you substitute the PBX local IP with the IP of the SBC?

interface sip IF_SIP
    bind context sip-gateway GW_SIP
    route call dest-table RT_SIP_TO_FXO
    remote 192.168.1.50 5060
    early-disconnect
    address-translation outgoing-call request-uri user-part fix 10002 host-part to-header target-param none
    trust remote

location-service LS_10002
    domain 1 192.168.1.50

registration outbound
    registrar 192.168.1.50 5060
    lifetime 300
    register auto

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Yes I can confirm this. Before loading the config file from 3CX into the Patton simply do a search for your PBX local IP address - they will all need changing to SBC's local IP address. Then load it in.

Wendelspanswick likes this.
  3. Wendelspanswick

Brilliant, thank you.
    I've got a FXO working as a test, so hopefully the FXS which we need to order for the site will work.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

FXO and FXS (endpoint) should work - however things get messy if you want to use this setup for FAX. I personally would not even attempt FAX over SBC and would deploy it across VPN instead.

Wendelspanswick likes this.
  5. Wendelspanswick

No FAX thankfully, just a few locations where the customer has analogue phones but no network cabling near by, its going to work out cheaper to add a FXS gateway and utilise the existing wiring then add new network points.

eddv123 likes this.