Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Patton Gateway Doesn't Show in 3CX Manager

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Hmmcintosh, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hmmcintosh

Hi All:

I'm trying to install a Patton 4112 FXS (i.e., Patton 4112/JS/EUI) gateway on 3CX v12 so we can use an old analog phone on our network.

I start the 3CX manager, setup a couple of extensions for the new phones, go to "VOIP/PSTN Gateways", choose "Add Gateway", and go through the wizard. The result is a configuration file which I then load into the Patton without trouble. I'm then able to place calls using the analog phone which is connected to the Patton.

So what's the problem? Well, it's not a big one, but here it is. When I installed an earlier gateway (a Patton 4114 FXO), using a similar process, the gateway appeared in the 3CX manager under "VOIP/PSTN Gateways". That gives me the opportunity to see that the gateway is installed and to edit it. The new gateway doesn't show up under "VOIP/PSTN Gateways". Is that the way it is supposed to work, or did I do something wrong?

(By the way, in searching the forum I saw that someone else had a similar problem, and it had something to do with the template being out of date. My template was out of date at first, but I downloaded the new template.)

Thanks,
    Harry

2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

That is the correct function.
    FXO gateways will remain in the list. FXS gateways do not stay in this list once they are configured.
    I am not sure why this is but it has been this way as long as i have been usings the system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

FXS devices are not generally referred to as "gateways". That term is reserved for a device that provides trunk service (FXO, ISDN GSM). Some devices do have both FXS and FXO connections, but the FXS portion is connected to a set and would be defined under extensions, not trunks.

Unless I'm missing something here...

4. Jake47

I'm having the same issue. I created the 8 port FXS adapter after going through the wizard, but it doesn't show in the "Gateways" view.

How do I manage it if it's not visible?

5. nterrell

Generally each FXS device (gateway) has its own interface that you can access via IP address to make configuration changes. Really 3cx is just generating a config for you to upload to the FXS gateway, but in reality the FXS gateway acts more like an IP Phone with an extension than a gateway in 3cx. As previously stated FXO gateways are "real" gateways that show up in the gateway module of 3cx.

6. Jake47

Okay, so I think I'm missing something...

I have a Patton 8 FXS port box. Did the setup and those map to the 8 extensions and it generates a config file for the patton. Got it.

But when I come back in 6 -12 months and look at this, how will I know that those 8 extensions are linked to the 8 port FXS box? Or for that matter that there's even a 8 port FSX box that's part of the system? There's nothing that tells me that.

Why wouldn't you just show that in the "Gateway" section so that system is completely documented? And don't say, "Because it's not a gateway". That's semantics - they could change the label so that it was "Gateways and FXS ports" if they wanted to be that picky.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Once the Device, with multiple ATAs, is configured, would it not simply be seen by 3CX as 8 individual ATA "modules", each with a unique port number, but that happen to share the same IP? If there is a GUI, that would still be accessible using the IP if manual changes were required, but unlike a FXO gateway where there are "relationships' between trunk members( you send an outbound call to the gateway, single IP and port, and it can choose, depending on the make/model, which trunk the call will go out on), there is nothing of the sort when dealing with ATAs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.