Solved Patton M-ATA and fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by VoIPster, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoIPster

Hello,

I have inbound fax working with a Patton M-ATA configured as a regular extension, but I need for one of two things to happen for inbound faxes to work:

1) Have inbound faxes detected by 3CX and sent to appropriate extension, or...
    2) Have inbound calls to a certain DID sent directly to the fax extension

I'm not sure how to implement #1 (if it's even possible, but FreePBX did it well), and #2 is sending calls to my IVR for another DID, even though I have configured the DID in an inbound rule and pointed it to the fax extension.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey,

1. Note, there is no Support for Patton M-ATA so the advice will be topleve only!
    2. there is no detection, you need to point DIDs for incoming Faxes to an Faxextension (not extensions) statically.
    More Infos here:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/inbound-rules/
    and

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VoIPster

Thanks Stefan. I think the problem may be that the DID in the SIP header isn't quite right, and that's why the fax calls on my unique fax DID are being sent to the IVR for my main DID for voice. I'll try playing with it next time I'm on site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.