Patton M-ATA connecting to a Modem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by brianoakes, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianoakes

Howdy,

I am in a weird scenario. I know, I know, I need to use a POTS Analog line for this, but unfortuantely this is not an option.

I am trying to use a Patton M-ATA to a Modem in a PC to connect to gate card readers at housing developments. Now in the past, we have used a POTS Analog line in the modem and it worked well. Unfortuantely now I need to make it work through the 3cx.

Any suggestions on what settings in the M-ATA I can change to allow for connections through to the gate readers. It works about 75% of the time now, I need to get it back to 100%. So I assume there are some settings I need to change.

I am goingt o open a syslog in a bit and do some testing, but I figured I would start seeing what experiances/advice others can provide. Thanks! Appreciate it!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Trying to run a modem over VoIP is going to be hit and miss no mater how much you slow it down. Many new modems, built into PC's, have issues when you try to force them to connect to a modem running at 1200 bps, they just don't want to work that slow, even though it says that they support it. If you really want to try to get this working, i would experiment with a couple of older modems and see what happens. I just wouldn't spend any money doing so. Your best bet would be checking out a computer recycler for a couple of 1200/2400 modems real cheap. If it is going to work at all, it's going to have to be that slow.

3. brianoakes

Here are the settings I used in the Patton M-ATA.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianoakes/7305566654/in/photostream

I also changed the Modem in the PC to 2400. It is a USR 56K PCI modem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.