Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Patton Manually Configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Anyone tried to manually configure patton and made it work? I'm currently experimenting on something and the only way to achieve it i think is to manually configure patton gateway.

Thanks,

STASH

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It isn't rocket science to manually configure any of the Smartnodes but even in custom setups we start with the 3CX config file and then manually tweak and change.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stash

stash New Member

Hi Sigma,

You mean you upload first the config file on patton from 3CX and then configure manually the patton gateway?

Thanks,

STASH

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Well, I don't understand your question. Obviously you can manually configure any of the Patton Gateways and make them work. If you are asking about manually doing anything I must assume that you are looking for something special (i.e. not included in the 3CX template). I would start anyway with a 3CX template config and then manually tweak whatever I wanted to make different. We often do that to add a default gateway for example... but much more as needed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stash

stash New Member

Hi Sigma,

This will refer to my post on Multi Tenant. I want to use only one patton for 10 system. I was thinking to manually configure patton to create DID per system which on the post you mentioned i need a Class 4 Switch to achieve the setup i want to build.

Thanks,

STASH

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Then PLEASE do not START 2 incomplete threads. If you plan on using an FXO gateway on the Patton, you can have an individual account for each FXO port that you can register to a specific 3CX PBX (but I find this moronic). If you think that you will share a gateway among several PBXs as a bank than the ONLY way to do it is to use a proper SBC/SBG or Class 4 switch or a spare 3CX PBX merely acting as a switch. Overall I find this a bad idea as I subscribe to the KISS philosophy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.