Patton or Audiocodes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LLangston, Sep 19, 2007.

1. LLangston

Ok, we are seriously looking at replacing our PSTN gateway (a Grandstream GXW 4104 ). We are considering Audiocodes and Patton. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? What are the pros and cons between them? I have found a site where both are ranked highly and have a lot of reviews but the reviews are not viewable by the public. I would appreciate any thoughts good or bad about these two gateways. We are looking for a 4 port FXO gateway so if there are any other suggestions out there I would love to hear them.

2. dyntech

dyntech New Member

My vote would be for ANYTHING but Audiocodes. Used one once with another PBX and had nothing but trouble. We finally sent it back and replaced it with Mediatrix (which sadly, is not compatible with 3CX) and have not had a problem yet.

That was months ago.

3. AndrewRTS

I just bought an Audiocodes today for a client today and we'll see what happens. We have the Grandstream GXW-4104 and it seems to be "ok" in our office, but if I'm doing this for a client I need it to be perfect.

The AudioCodes was a bit cheaper than the Patton and I talked to another user on here who highly praised the Audiocodes sound quality. He did say the price was higher and the setup was a bit of a pain.

I'll keep you posted. We're installing it Thursday or Friday.