Patton PRI Gateway and Faxes via Comcast

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by voip19, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voip19

Odd question - we have an account that we will be installing 4970s at that currently has faxes processed through a T3 UM Appliance/Server.

We are selling 3cx.

Knowing that faxing is best effort are we adding more chance of fax failure by putting a 4970 into the mix.

Talking only efaxes here - no physical fax machines - Comcast has direct analog for those and alarm, etc.

A = Nexvortex/Fusion as SIP carrier linked to a 3cx server as the VOIP provider. Best option obviously.

B = Comcast cable PRI goes to a 4970 which the 3cx sees as the gateway/IP - some DIDs are programmed as being faxes to email.

Does the 4970 reduce the odds of the fax call successfully processing into the 3cx? My guess is yes because the Comcast PRI isn't doing T38 (although we have had good luck on Samsung and other systems processes the PRI fax calls out to an SLI port).

Perhaps I need to crow pick their 100 or so DID numbers out of the 2500 or so DIDs and have them come into the 3cx direct from a SIP carrier. The problem is it makes a port much more difficult because a range could have been 503.331.xxxx - xxxx - nice and clean and now I have to pull the random fax lines out and have a very long spreadsheet of numbers.

Does this makes sense?

Another noob question related to the Pattons. On a mult-site 3cx install is it a huge deal to access a gateway/PRI that is coming into one of the far sites vs locally? (They have current contracts for PRIs at sites, that is why I am asking)

Site A has the central 3cx and site D has a PRI sitting on the wall behind the other office's network. With the proper port forwarding to access a Patton THERE - it could be a resource for in/out calls - correct? A gateway does not necessarily have to be local?

Sorry, like I said noob.

2. voip19

We are going to move all the fax dids/vdids to a VoIP carrier, direct to the 3cx. Most likely Fusion/Broadvox since we've had good luck with their faxing. Even SIP that comes in and then is forwarded out to myfax.com works 99.9% which says a lot.

Don't want to add anything into the works.

Wishing faxing would just go away of course; we call it the spam generator. Haven't had one real fax to our office in months.
    Trips to Cancun? Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.