Patton Smart Node Firmware Upgrade

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Just done a Firmware upgrade of my Patton Gateway 4638, and now it does not register in the 3CX even though I have done 'refresh registeration' and even downloaded the re-uploaded the config file.

It says 'Your VOIP Gateways are down already' as you had to stop them prior to the firmware upgrade. Now I have completed and verified the upgrade in firmware to May 2009 version, irrespective of how many times I reboot the device those VOIP Gateways do not come up, and there's nothing indicative in the server activity logs.

Any ideas ?

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Log into the device and verify the settings are correct. Also make sure you have the latest configs from 3CX.

If you patton has to network ports on it, you may need to plugin both because the 3cx config can cause them to get backwards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I removed the 5.3 firmware and rolled back to 4.2 of which I discovered the 3CX provisioning config file is specifically for, now the ISDNs are working. After 3 hours :!:

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

5. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Ah! My sentiments exactly, however unfortunately my outbound caller ID is broken, it just displays a single number and not the correct direct dial number. So under 3CX advice I upgraded the firmware!

The one good thing is I certainly know my way around a Patton Gateway better than I ever intended on learning! :x

Still illusive why my outbound caller ID is not working!

6. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

One thing I've learned with Patton devices is to expect the unexpected. And when it all goes wrong, expect to have to call Patton support at least three times to get to a person who knows what check box was missed. But once they are up, a solid product indeed.

7. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Ha, yes I found out the hard way. :oops:

I've got William @ 3CX debugging the fault now, it appears it's isolated to the Patton Gateway, however still trying to see why our system isn't sending out caller ID.

8. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Just thought i'd tail this thread off to say, 5.3 firmware working a treat, and outbound caller ID needed to be specified without the leading zero, and outbound caller ID started working.

9. ruzzel01

Some voip service are just hard to configure. While some has very friendly settings which you can setup manually with no difficulties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.