Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Patton Smart Node - How to use all 5 ports

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

All,

I have setup a Patton SmartNode 4638 BRI 5-ports to connect to 4 x ISDN 2e boxes, and they work fine.

I would like however, to use the 5th available port, and as it happens I have a spare ISDN 2e box with a 10 range DDI associated to it.

However, following the setup guide by 3CX http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/smartnode-isdn.html It explicitly states:

I have logged into the Patton device and can see that this port is disabled.

Is there any reason why I can't use this ? I am going to enable it, but thought I'd ask in case there are things I need to be aware off!

Thanks,

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I have only used the PRI devices from the IAD, But I would like to think the setup is similar just with different interfaces.

3CX Allows you to create a config file that can be uploaded to the device, The config file that is created is specifically for use with 3CX. It will switch the INT_0 / INT_1 as the primary interface, and configure the voice settings, but other then that it seems to work like a charm. I would see no problem in using the 5th port to add a bridge to another Patton device or set it up as another Gateway. I'm just not sure how you would configure that particular device to do that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.