Patton Smartnode 4970

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imperial, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperial

Hi,

Not sure if anyone knows the answer, but we are trying to get our Patton Smartnode 4970 to go into our voice VLAN, but have been unsuccessful.

Our setup is as follows:

3cx Running on Win 2008 R2 with IIS
    2 NIC cards on server, VLAN1 192.168.1.0/24 (Untagged Data) VLAN200 192.168.200.0/24 (Tagged Voice)
    3cx Version 11

We are able to get the Patton to register if we use the Untagged VLAN, but there is heavy data on that VLAN and even with QoS there could be issues with call quality. We have to get it to register and use the Tagged Voice VLAN.

2. jasit

jasit New Member

Patton support is free and they will help you out on this one. I have the same unit and they are pretty good with there support.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Calling Patton is certainly a good start, but have you tried tagging at the switch port? Not sure what switch is in play, but may ease some of the config issues.

I assume that you have all the phone already configured and registered using same.

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

The best way, like said above, is to set the switchport into the voice vlan rather than trying to get the patton to tag the traffic. You wouldnt be hanging another device off the same port so there is no need to connect the patton to a trunk port.

Can I ask why you want the 3cx server to be in both networks?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. imperial

Thank you for your replies, I just tagged the Switch Port and it worked perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.