• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton Smartnode not disconnecting right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlazure

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Patton SN4114 linking 4 co lines on my 3CX.

when you call in and dial an extention from the digital receptionist and hanging up, the line will continue ringing for 10 seconds or more. sometime the users have some empty 20 seconds voicemail.

I tested the line with an analog phone and the disconnect supervision is working fine. I contacted Patton andf they can't find the issue as they say as soon as the gateway receive the loop-break signal it cut off the call.

im pretty sure it's not true.

thanks

Have you confirmed that your provider is sending the CPC (Break loop) signal, as not all do. You would have to connect something in series with one of the phone lines, ammeter (analogue works best for this), or even a couple of LEDs in parallel, one the opposite polarity to the other, so that one will light no matter what the polarity.

Unplug the gateway from the line you will be testing and plug in a standard phone along with whatever ,in series, you will use to monitor current. Call the number from another line, answer, then hang up the calling party set but leave the called party off-hook. Do you see a loop disconnect? if not, you will have to set-up the gateway to use another method (silence/disconnect tone) to detect a disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.