• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton Smartnode SN4114 callerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbryant84

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Is it possible for the smartnode to pass callerID to an analog phone hooked up to it? We migrated a client from a cisco PBX, and the durafones used to show the callerID for calls or transfers from internal extensions or external calls. Currently the phone displays are blank. I used the provisioning guide to get the analog gateways working.

The SN4114 seems to come in various combinations of FXS and FXO ports. Is this an issue with the FXO ports not passing CID to 3CX. Or, is this a problem of an FXS port not passing CID to a set? Do you get CID on internal calls? Do other sets, not using the Patton FXS ports get CID from outside callers?

These are fxs gateways hooked up to analog cordless durafones. No callerid shows up on the display of the phone when they ring, for external or internal calls. Outbound callerid from them works fine. All other deskphones work fine.

I'm not familiar with the brand Durafone. What type of caller ID do they use?(wheer are you located?) Is it Bellcore, as used in North America (and a few other areas), or another type? Does the Caller ID Type , as set in the Patton, match the type used by the sets?

Just did a search...it's Durafon, by Engenius. Not sure if it is marketed outside North America (different versions exist), but check the CID method in the Patton, and use another CID display device to test with as well to confirm it's not a set problem.

Last edited:
Thanks for the assistance. There is a field in the patton for 'cid presentation' that was set to disabled, I set presentation to pre-ring and presentation as 'bell' (we are in the US.) I am hopeful that this fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.