Patton SN-4114 Set-up

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joebocop, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joebocop

Hello,

I have used the Patton Excel sheet macro to create a configuration file for my SN-4114 device. Now, how do I proceed to set up 3CX phone system to use it? Create a generic gateway?

My SN-4114 has 2 FXS ports (fax machines) and 2 FXO ports (PSTN phone lines for outgoing/incoming calls).

Your help is very much appreciated.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have not used the macro, but the needs will likely be the same regardless of method. As there is no 3CX template that covers your situation, you will likely use the generic VOIP Gateway settings under VoIP Gateway in 3CX. You will then need to fill in the requested info and ensure that the IP address, virtual extension, ID, authentication and such match between the system and your macro such that when the Patton is connected, the ports will register. The Patton macro may have a requirement for added info that the generic 3CX template did not request. I am guessing that such items as port, speed & duplex, proxy, and more may be requested so you may need to be prepared to experiment some.

Conversely, on the FXS side, you will need to create the extensions with 3CX and then again match the extension numbers and their respective authentication information such that they too will register when the device is connected.

You might also look here and try:
    http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112/
    The same basic device and you could try and program as a 4 port FXO and then delete 2 of them and then proceed manually configuring the FXS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.