Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Patton SN4112 Outgoing Port Selection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by uninet, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uninet

I am using a 2-line Patton SN112 to make outgoing calls and want to be able to select which analog phone line is used, based on which extension is making the call.

When I create an outgoing rule, I am given the opportunity to choose Patton_SN4112 as my VOIP gateway, but not to select the port to use.

How can I select the port?

I am running 3CX-v11sp4 and the latest Patton firmware.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Generally, selecting a particular line, on a multi-line gateway is down in one of two ways.

Each line must be provisioned as a separate trunk group in 3CX, or, an added prefix, in the outbound rules, allows selection of a particular trunk. I don't believe that the Patton uses the prefix method.
    So, you'd have to set up individual trunks in 3CX, each "pointing" to a different port on the Patton.

You may be able to aut0-provision for a single trunk (the first), but may have to manually provision the second.

You can then create duplicate outbound rules, each applying to specific extensions, to direct the calls to the desired trunk.

3. uninet

I don't understand the need to manually provision the second line. The SN4112 is a supported gateway and was automatically provisioned with two lines. I don't see a way of unprovisioning the second port. Or are you telling me that I have to manually provision both ports?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't use auto-provisioning, so I may not be the best one to advise on this...but, the auto-provisioning feature seem to cover the basics, on devices. in other words, if you are trying to do something out of the ordinary, then you may have to improvise, manually.

In your case, once the device has been provisioned, you can keep the Patton internal settings and simply tell it to not re-provision. You will probably have to go into the Patton and change the trunk parameters User/Password, for the second trunk, given that it will now use a new trunk number. In 3CX make note of the Patton trunk settings and using that information, delete it and manually create two trunks. The first will look pretty much the same as the one you just deleted but only have one member, and use the first port of the device. The second can be the next trunk number (in sequence, unless that number is already used), using the next port number.

As an example, you'd have trunk 10006, port 5060 and trunk 10007, port 5061, same IP address but different credentials for registering.

Be sure that 3CX knows that each trunk group can handle only one call or a second attempt on a busy trunk one may go out on trunk two. there might be some setting in the Patton that are required to also prevent that.

As I say, there is probably someone much more familiar with this particular device, that can offer more compete information.

5. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

@leejor is correct.
    The auto provisioning in 3CX for a patton gateway more or less puts all the ports into one group.
    You will need to manually program the patton/3CX to break the ports apart into separate items so you can select which one for the outgoing.
    If you would like i sent you a PM with my email.
    Email me and i will make the config file for you and help you get it set correctly.

We have done this a number of times on Patton devices where a user or whatnot of the company has a direct line in/out so wont be a big deal to get set.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.