Patton SN4114 FXO Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jfriedmann, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfriedmann

Hello,

I am trying to add a Patton SN4114 FXO, and cannot seem to get it working. I am located in Canada.

I followed the instructions on https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112/

The patton registers with 3cx, but when I try to call in, I get nothing, and when I try to call out, I get "not available" showing on my phone displays.

Going into the patton web interface, it says that all fxo ports are disabled, but when I enable them and try to call in, it disconnects immediately.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Ports >> FXO >> Status >> fxo 0/0 (for example).
    What does the line state say ? it should be "up".

You could also try editing the FXO interfaces in the Patton WebUI and enable the 'battery reversal' detection. It would add this line to the config.

disconnect-signal battery-reversal

Currently it is listening for a busy tone or loop-break between 60-1000ms

You might also want to check the types of lines you are using with this box. In the UK we would not use the lines with the Patton if they are Redcare or feature-line.

For example "feature-line" is an analogue line that provides PBX-like behavior. Obviously this would offer a lot of conflict with the 3CX System.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity Log to see what the response is, from the Patton after a call attempt, it might provide a clue as to what's happening. Be sure that the phone lines plugged into the gateway are "live".

4. jfriedmann

Got it working for inbound calls.

One question I have -- when I dial in, it's 2 rings before it actually rings on the 3cx phone. Any ideas?

Also, how would I get inbound caller IDs to display on the phone and be logged by 3cx?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are in North America, or somewhere that uses Belllcore type caller ID, you have to wait until the second ring before the call is passed onto 3CX to allow the CID info to be received. If you don't get CID now, check that the Method is correct, and that the option is actually on the PSTN phone line

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.