Patton SN4114 - FXS Port No Call Disconnect.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dcourtney, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcourtney

Hey Guys,

I've searched through the forums and saw a lot of FXO issues, but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered call disconnect issues with FXS ports.

Analog Device <-------> SN4114 <-------> 3CX

Everything works great, except if you hang up the call with the Yealink (or any other device connected to 3CX, including external calls through SIP trunk) the analog phone hears a reorder tone instead of a call disconnect.

I have attached FXS debugs on the Patton side, at line 71 (21:06:17) is where the VOIP/External device is hung up and line 71 (21:06:27) is where the analog device is hung up after hearing reorder tone. Using US tone set.

Thanks,
    David

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The problems with calls not being released, on a gateway, in the past, have been incoming calls to voicemail (or some destination NOT a human). In that case, if the gateway does not detect that the caller has hung up, the call stays connected. I'm not clear on the scenario(s) that you are dealing with.
    In most cases (everything working as it should), if a 3CX extension disconnects, then, that should be passed to the trunk and it should drop. Problems usually arise when the disconnect Method is not set correctly in the gateway so that it can detect the incoming call dropping from the PSTN side.

3. dcourtney

We haven't tested voicemail and such as the application we are using this for will not have voicemail enabled. This is purely human controlled disconnects. As an example an Analog devices (ext 1000) called a SIP device (ext 1001), if the SIP device hangs up (ext 1001) the analog device just hears a reorder tone and the call doesn't hang up. The Patton is configured using the config provided by 3CX with no other configuration changes, the FXS port is set to Busy-Tone disconnect method.

Patton SN4114: R6.9 2016-12-27
    3CX v15.5

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.